Children’s Eco-Birthday Parties
Bring your budding naturalist for a memorable celebration at the Arboretum.
Surrounded by the sights and sounds of nature, your child’s special day will be one of exploration, discovery, and fun. Enjoy a one-hour nature program or walk, and a full hour for your own activities and refreshments in a private room.
Choose from a selection of specially developed themes, each designed to appeal to children with personal, up-close interactions with nature.
New Birthday Parties for 2019!
Nature Builders – Year Round
Learn super building skills to create stronger structures to help you survive in the wild! Use real plant materials found at Tyler to create your own outdoor hideaway.
Tyler Adventures – Year Round
Wander Tyler Arboretum’s beautiful and extensive property with an experienced nature educator as your guide. Look for signs of wildlife as you run, jump, skip through woods, down hills, and by streams. Tyler has the perfect outdoor adventure for any age!
Lenape Kids – Year Round
Explore our native woods to see what it would have looked like when the Lenape Indians lived in this area 1,000 years ago. Visit the Wigwam, try on authentic Native American clothing, and play the same games that Lenape kids played.
Sweet Trees – January 15- March 15
Maple syrup is a favorite treat from the trees! Party guests will tap a tree and watch the sap flow, view the process of turning sap to syrup, and enjoy a taste of the finished product.
Stream Safari – May- September
Have fun getting your hands wet while exploring the wonders of water! Visit our flowing streams to spot macroinvertebrates, frogs, turtles, salamanders, and more.
Bugs, Bugs, Bugs – May- September
Look closely to find what is flying, buzzing, and crawling about! We will turn over logs, visit the meadow, and use science tools to learn about different fascinating insects.
Glow-in-the-Dark Night Hike – Year Round
Explore nature by night in a unique and exhilarating way! Let your eyes adjust to complete darkness to find what your other senses can discover about the outdoors. Listen for animal sounds, make lightning in your mouth, and find your way by starlight as educators guides you around Tyler Arboretum. At the end of your hike, find out just how much your eyesight has changed in the dark by playing with glow sticks that you get to take home.
**We highly recommend adding on a campfire with s’mores! (see add-on section below)
Art in Nature – Year Round
Let the colors, textures, and sights of nature inspire you! Use a viewfinder to focus in on details then visit high points on Tyler’s property to discover beautiful vistas, landscapes, and scenes. Paint or draw en plein air like some of your favorite artists to create artwork that you will keep with you forever.
Spa Escape – Year Round
Relax, breathe deeply and let nature transport you! Experience the arboretum’s relaxing sounds, scents, and sights through calming outdoor activities and with botanicals scents that will help you unwind. As a special activity you can make your own scented bath fizz to remind you of the calming aspect of nature.
*Campfire and craft cannot be combined
**Campfire and craft times are within 2-hour party rental
- $200 base price, plus
- $10 per child (minimum of 10 children)
- Adults Free
- $35 discount for members
- $300 base price, plus
- $12 per child (minimum 10 children)
- Adults Free
- $35 discount for members
|Nature Themed Goody Bag||$10 per participant|
|Campfire and S’mores||$8 per participant|
|Educator Led Craft||$6 per participant|
|Green Cloth Table Clothes||$25|
|Additional 30 minute room rental time||$50|
|Donation to Tyler in Child’s Name||Any amount!|
- Ages 5+
- Minimum of 10 children, maximum of 24 children (including siblings).
- If you have less than 10 children, we can still run the party but will still charge the price of a 12 child party.
- There is no charge for parents and supervising adults
- Any child participating in the party will be counted towards the total number of children and will be charged as a participant.
- Overage fine of $20 per child over 24.
- Members receive $35 discount
Booking & Cancellation Policy
- Parties must be booked at least three weeks in advance
- Date availability is subject to other events occurring at the arboretum
- 50% deposit is due within 2 weeks of booking the program.
- We will bill you for the total, based on final numbers of guests in attendance, after your party.
- You may cancel your party up to 14 days before the party date. You will receive your deposit back, minus a $25 processing fee. If you cancel less than 14 days before your party, you will lose your deposit.
- We will work with you to try to reschedule your party if needed or due to weather.
Contact Rebecca Silvey, email@example.com or 610-566-9134 ext. 306 to book your party.
A Private Room
- Tyler provides a party room for or a total of 3 hours
- 30 minutes before the party for you to set-up
- 45-60 minutes of educational programming. *We begin programming shortly after the scheduled start time. Please make sure guests arrive on time. Any guests who arrive late will go right to the visitor’s center, who will then radio the educator running the program to find out where we are on Tyler Arboretum’s property. It will be the guest’s responsibility to find us from there.
- 45-60 minutes of free time for you to enjoy the space for cake, gifts, or food
- 30 minutes after guests leave for you to clean-up
- Extra time can be scheduled (see extras tab)
- Please plan accordingly. An additional $50 fee will be charged for each 30 minutes over your permitted 3-hour rental time.
- (4) 8ft Tables for seating are provided
- A long counter area and and additional tables are available for food/gifts
- Chairs for each guest
- An educator will be with you for the duration of your program
Trash and Recycling bins
Supervision of all children
- Yelling, tree climbing, and causing damage to the environment or the building are not permitted behaviors at the Arboretum.
- Please bring any paper goods, party fixings, and any extra activities.
- Table linens can be brought or rented (see extras area)
- You must hang and properly remove any banners or streamers yourself.
- Balloons, noise makers and piñatas are not permitted.
- Tyler does not have food service.
- Feel free to bring food or have it delivered.
- There is a refrigerator available for your use.
- You are responsible for the clean up after the birthday party. We will provide you with a broom and dust pan to sweep up any cake or mess on the floor. Please dispose of any trash to the trashcans and plastic, glass, and metal in recycling bins.
- An additional $50 clean-up fee will be charged for any excessive mess left behind.
Weather & Clothing
- Parties are held rain or shine.
- Many of our programs pieces happen outside, in the case of extreme or dangerous weather (thunderstorms, gale force winds, hale, or single digit temperatures) we will provide an alternate, indoor program.
- We find that the elements can add a unique and exciting opportunity to get outside and experience nature in a new way! However, if you have concerns about the weather, please contact us and we will do our best to find a solution that works.
- All parties have an outdoor component and guests are encouraged to get their hands dirty, no matter the weather! Please dress accordingly for the weather with layers, waterproof clothing, and comfortable, safe shoes.
- No flip flops or high heels.
In lieu of gifts, donate to Tyler Arboretum and ensure the future of our 650 acres of green wilderness! The birthday child will receive a special Tyler Arboretum gift for this generosity.