Children’s Eco-Birthday Parties
Bring your budding naturalist for a memorable celebration at the Arboretum.
Surrounded by the sights and sounds of nature, your child’s special day will be one of exploration, discovery, and fun. Enjoy a one-hour nature program or walk, followed by a full hour for your own activities and refreshments in a private room.
Choose from a selection of specially developed themes, each designed to appeal to children with personal, up-close interactions with nature.
Sugar from Trees Late January – early March
Maple syrup is a favorite treat! Birthday partiers try technique to tap a tree and watch the sap flow, view the boiling process, and enjoy a taste of the finished product.
Stream Safari May – September
Turning over rocks in the stream or using dip nets in the pond, party-goers discover what inhabits our watery depths. Take a hike along the stream and visit what lives nearby. Be prepared to get wet; wear appropriate clothes and shoes (no flip-flops).
Signs of Nature Year Round
Be a nature detective! Although, many animals inhabit the Arboretum, sometimes it is difficult to see them. Learn to fine-tune your observation skills while searching for clues that animals have left behind.
Lenape Kids Year Round
Take a hike and learn how the Lenape children lived. Visit the Wigwam, try on authentic Native American clothing, and learn about the tribe that lived on this land 1,000 years ago.
Bugs, Bugs, Bugs April – October
Did you know honeybees have five eyes or that worms have 5 hearts? Learn all about bugs while searching the arboretum for these 6, 8, and 100-legged critters.
Birthday Party Guidelines
- $225 for Tyler members
- $250 for non-members
- $50 nonrefundable deposit is required; balance is due on day of the party.
- There is no charge for parents and supervising adults.
- Two hour program with additional 30 minutes to set up and 30 minutes to take down.
- One hour nature program provided by our highly qualified education staff; one hour birthday party
- 4 to 6 year olds; maximum 10 children including siblings, with at least four adults
- 7 to 11 year olds; maximum 12 children with at least two adults
- Extra children – $11 each with approval of Youth Education Manager
- Parties can be scheduled no more than two months in advance and no less than 3 weeks in advance.
- Timing is flexible depending on season and other Arboretum Events.
- Tables, chairs and room
- A staff-led one-hour Nature Program
- A staff member on duty for entire event to make sure everything runs smoothly.
What to Wear:
- Most programs are held outdoors. Participants should dress appropriately for weather!
- Participants should wear sturdy shoes or boots for nature explorations.
- Programs run drizzle or shine – some great nature experiences happen in the drizzle! Slickers and boots are advisable in these conditions. If outdoor conditions are unsuitable or dangerous, a suitable indoor rainy day program will be substituted.
- In the event of severe weather and you elect not to come, please call the number provided for staff contact. Programs must be cancelled a minimum of two hours prior to start time.
- Paper goods, table liners, party fixings and any extra activities.
- Decorations – banners and streamers are permitted if all tape and/or string are removed. Noise makers, balloons, and piñatas are not permitted.
- Food – can be brought or delivered. There is a refrigerator available for your use.
- You are responsible for to clean up after the birthday party. Please dispose of any trash to the trashcans; and recycle bins provided for plastic, glass, and metal.
- You are responsible for the discipline of all children, which may include removing individuals from activities in they are not behaving properly. Running, yelling, and causing damage to the environment or in the building are not appropriate behaviors for the Arboretum.
- Parents dropping off guests should escort them down to the Sequoia Room in the Barn. If parents and siblings of guests wish to stay to visit the Arboretum during the party, they should pay admission when they arrive at our Visitor Center.
- An adult from the party should greet birthday attendees at the visitor center patio. They should direct the attendees to the barn, this way they can bypass the visitor center and not add extra congestion in the center.
For information or to schedule a party, please contact:
Youth Education Manager
610-566-9134, ext. 202.
The Gift of Giving
Go green! Help support Tyler Arboretum’s education programs by making a donation in honor of your budding naturalist instead of gifts.