Volunteering at Tyler: You Make a Difference!
Tyler Arboretum volunteers play an essential role in inspiring and engaging thousands of visitors each year. We are always on the lookout for dynamic and inquisitive people who want to be a part of the Tyler team. As a volunteer at the Arboretum, you’ll have many opportunities to share your talents, explore new areas and connect with people of all ages.
Are you in high school and looking for hands-on experience? We have opportunities just for you.
How to become a Tyler Volunteer
- Review the four volunteer categories and sign up to get our Volunteer email newsletter.
- Download an application form to fill out and email to Jlo@tylerarboretum.org or mail to:
Julia Lo Ehrhardt
515 Painter Road
Media, PA 19063-4424
(Please designate what you are interested in)
- We will contact you regarding your application.
Volunteering at a Glance
- Volunteer opportunities are available year-round, both weekdays and weekends, on-site as well as at home, in a variety of areas.
- Most volunteer shifts are 4-hours long.
- Tyler offers a flexible schedule, ranging from shifts once a week to once a month.
- A minimum of 16 hours per year is required to stay in active status.
- Our volunteers range in age from 14 to 80+.
- You don’t need to have a green thumb or an ecology background!
- You’ll receive training specific to your assignment.
- You’ll receive benefits like discounts to the Visitor Center and enrichment programs.
- You will need an email address and a way to check it regularly.
We invite you to explore our many opportunities and discover the right volunteer job for you. To help you in your exploration, our volunteer opportunities are divided into four categories. Click the links below to find out more information: