Join us at Tyler Arboretum by becoming a valued volunteer!
Volunteering at Tyler Arboretum gives you the opportunity to share your unique skills, to learn some new ones, and to meet new people while helping us thrive. Volunteers are essential to the Arboretum’s ongoing activities and growth. We welcome your support, expertise, time, experience, ideas, and energy. There are many opportunities to fit a wide range of talents and interests (see below). To get started, please complete and submit a Volunteer Application (PDF). For additional information, contact:
Julia Lo Ehrhardt, Volunteer Coordinator
Phone: (610) 566-9134, ext 205
Office Hours: MTW, 9 am – 4:30 pm
Volunteer Open House
Friday, March 7, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Come and enjoy a cup of coffee and meet key Tyler staff members to learn about the many volunteer opportunities available at the Arboretum throughout the year. Pre-registration encouraged; contact Volunteer Coordinator Julia Lo Ehrhardt 610-566-9134, x205 or at email@example.com.
2013 Volunteer Accomplishments
- Over 55 volunteers contributed over 350 hours to help Tyler raise $32,026 at the annual Plant Sale.
- Over 20 volunteers and board members worked hard to throw the glamorous annual Tyler at Twilight Auction despite the threat of storms. Over $128,000 was raised by our gracious attendees.
- Our volunteers come from many different backgrounds. Did you know that our summer camp runs with the help of some great dedicated teenage volunteers?
- Once again, thousands of visitors were able to enjoy our beautiful native butterflies due to the efforts of our Butterfly House management team, docents and netters.
- 12 fabulous volunteers helped with games, crafts, butterflies tagging, and exhibits at our Butterfly Festival, which had record breaking attendance of 1,800 visitors!
- Over 200 volunteers contributed over 800 hours to ensure that almost 3700 visitors had a wonderful time at our annual Pumpkin Days event.
- 37 Tyler volunteers were recognized for a combined 2776 hours of volunteer work with Presidential Volunteer Service Awards. Joe Cultrara was recognized with the President’s Call to Service Award for a lifetime of volunteer work at Tyler.
- All Tyler volunteers were honored at the Volunteer Reception. Staff members served the volunteers on a special candlelit evening of cocktails, hors d’oeuvres and desserts.
- Three corporate volunteers from Vanguard assisted the Horticulture Department with creating natural ornaments for Tyler’s Holiday Tree and helped the Public Programs Department clean-up the fairy houses and mushroom displays on the Magical Path.
- Ten wonderful volunteers helped with hayrides, crafts, holiday photos, historic tours and even keeping our visitors warm at the fire pit at our first Woodland Winter Wonderland event, which brought in 230 visitors!