Tyler Arboretum Membership Policies & Procedures
By purchasing and utilizing a Tyler Arboretum Membership, you agree to the following terms and conditions.
- Membership is neither refundable nor transferable. Refunds cannot be issued for non-usage of the facilities. Memberships are valid for one year from the date of registration. Partial-year memberships are not available.
- Memberships are defined as people living in the same household. Tyler may request names/birthdates/relationship of all members. Four named adults is the maximum number of adults per membership.
- Up to four grandchildren are allowed in free of charge with a grandparent member. The grandparent benefit is for admission only; other member benefits do not apply to grandchildren.
- Memberships are to be paid in full at the time of purchase. We cannot bill you for your membership, nor can we accept monthly checks.
- Dues are subject to change at any time without prior notification.
- Members are allowed in free of charge to the arboretum during normal business hours except on specific special event days such as Pumpkin Days and Pancake Breakfast.
- Tyler Arboretum reserves the right to revoke without refund or compensation any membership that has been used fraudulently.
- On occasion, Tyler Arboretum may be closed for situations such as inclement weather or emergencies. While we do our best to notify members, operating dates/times are subject to change without prior notice. Please visit our website www.tylerarboretum.org for a complete and up-to-date listing of closures and cancellations.
One (Individual level) or two membership cards (all levels above Individual) are issued for each membership. Members must show a valid state/or federally issued photo ID matching the named adult on the membership card when entering the Visitor Center.
- If you lose a membership card, simply stop by the Visitor Center or call the Membership Office at Tyler to request a new one. One replacement of lost membership cards will be complimentary. Any additional replacement cards will be assessed a fee.
- Replacement cards will not be mailed if request is received within 30 days of expiration.
- Should you forget your membership card, staff can look up your name and you will still be required to show a photo ID to enter the Arboretum.
- Please help Tyler keep your record up to date by notifying us of moves, births, deaths etc. in your household.
- Please allow several weeks for the processing of your membership cards, including changes, additions, or corrections.
Members are encouraged to invite friends and family to experience Tyler Arboretum. Member benefits include a specific number of free guest passes which will expire at the end of the membership year.
- Guest passes will be issued with a year expiration date.
- Old guest passes which have a double lined green border and a separate Sequoia tree graphic will no longer be accepted. These all have printing dates in the bottom right corner and are all more than 6 years old.
Memberships renewals are sent via postal mail starting the month prior to expiration, the month of expiration, and the month following expiration. Members may also renew online or at the Visitor Center. Email reminders may also be sent monthly.
We are committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all members and guests. To promote safety and comfort for all, we ask individuals to act appropriately at all times when they are in our property or participating in our programs.
Please adhere to the following Arboretum etiquette guidelines:
- Admire our amazing trees, but do not climb them.
- Leave the flowers, leaves, seeds, pinecones, acorns and other natural materials for the birds and animals that need them.
- For your safety and the protection of our ecosystems, stay on designated paths and trails in woodlands or meadows.
- Help us protect our beautiful plants from hungry deer. When passing through the gates of the deer fence, please be sure that they shut properly.
- Enjoy a picnic at our picnic tables or on a blanket. Please do not bring any alcohol and remove all trash and debris.
- Pets, other than service animals, are not permitted at the Arboretum. Bicycles and other active recreational equipment are also prohibited.
- Protect our natural areas and dispose of smoking materials properly after they are thoroughly extinguished.
All Tyler Arboretum Members receive free admission and additional benefits when a valid Tyler Membership card is presented at botanical gardens, arboreta, and conservatories that participate in the American Horticultural Society Reciprocal Admissions Program.
- American Horticultural Society Reciprocal Admissions Program: All Tyler Arboretum Members receive free admission and additional benefits when a valid Tyler Membership card is presented at botanical gardens, arboreta, and conservatories that participate. Tyler currently does not honor the following reciprocal memberships: Bartrams Garden, Great Valley Nature Center, and Riverbend Environmental Education Center.
Some restrictions may apply. Before visiting any garden, be sure to check the garden’s web site or call to confirm participation and hours. You may be required to show a photo ID. Some special events are not included in the Reciprocal Admissions Program.
Colonial Pennsylvania Plantation: Ridley Creek State Park, PA, Reciprocal general admission.
The Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania: Reciprocal general admission.
- North American Reciprocal Museums Program (NARM): Tyler is pleased to offer Steward Members ($150) and above access to more than 400 North American museums. Local organizations that participate in NARM include Brandywine River Museum, PA Academy of Fine Art, The University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archeology and Anthropology, Institute of Contemporary Art at the University of Pennsylvania, James A. Michener Art Museum and others. Please visit the website for a complete list of participating museums. Some restrictions apply. Before visiting, be sure to visit the museum’s web site or call to confirm participation and hours of operation.
- Reciprocal Organization of Associated Museums: (ROAM): Tyler is pleased to offer Steward Members ($150) and above access to a newly formed group of approximately 100 North American museums. Take your Tyler membership benefits on the road when you visit museums like The Phillips Collection in Washington, DC, Asian Art Museum of San Francisco, and the Milwaukee Art Museum. Please visit the website for a complete list of participating museums. Some restrictions apply. Before visiting, be sure to visit the museum’s web site or call to confirm participation and hours of operation.
- Explore and Save: all Tyler members can save $2 on general adult admission at Brandywine Valley attractions. Visit the program website for details and a complete listing of participants.
A fee of $10 will be charged on all returned checks, insufficient funds and credit card denials. Continued unsuccessful debits will result in cancellation of membership.
The cost of membership is tax-deductible except for the value of the guest passes ($11 each) you receive.
Additional fees are charged for classes, workshops, services and programs for which an instructor or provider is required. Fees and services are subject to change.
We offer free parking on site for the convenience of our visitors and staff only during their stay on our property. Please park in designated areas only. Handicap spaces are available. Some special events have off-site parking and are marked clearly during the event.
Memberships that are upgraded mid-year do not get extended expiration dates.
An additional named adult may be added to any membership for an additional $30. Limit one additional named adult per membership. This addresses the need for some caretakers to bring members for visits.
Tyler Arboretum may photograph, film, or videotape visitors for educational and promotional purposes. Admission to the Arboretum and/or participation in our classes, events, and programs, is implied consent for the use of the holder’s likeness, voice, or video image for marketing purposes. All rights to the photographs and video belong to Tyler Arboretum. Photographers will be clearly identified. If you do not consent to this policy, please notify the photographer. For more information click here.
Tyler Arboretum never exchanges or sells member email addresses or telephone numbers. On occasion, we may exchange member names and mailing addresses with like-minded local non-profit organizations. If you prefer to opt out of opportunities arising from these collaborations, please notify us at 610-666-9134, ext. 209.