Tyler Arboretum provides fun, outdoor, educational opportunities for scouts and other youth groups all year long. Participants learn about natural living systems through use of the Arboretum’s diverse meadows, woodlands, and steams, and pond. Scouts take part in a wide range of challenging activities designed to help them advance through scouting levels. Join one of our educators for programs that are hands-on and a fun way to earn part or the entire badge.
- Hiker – Complete Steps 1, 2, 3, & 5. Bring a snack to complete Step 4.
- Letterboxer – Complete Steps 1, 2, 3 and 4.
- Bugs – Complete Steps 1, 3, 4, and 5.
- Outdoor Adventurer – 1, 2, 3 and 4.
- Animal Habitats – Complete Steps 1, 2, 3, 5
- Flowers – Complete Steps 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Cub and Boy Scouts
Tigers, Wolves or Bears – We can work with you on your electives to help complete your badges.
- Leave No Trace
- American Indian Life
- Sharing Your World with Wildlife
All Scouts: Just for FUN
Are you looking for something fun to do? The following programs are suitable for both Boy and Girl Scouts:
- Maple Sugaring – January – March
- Homemade Bird Feeders – February – April
- Night Hike – All Year
- Night Hike with Campfire & S’mores – All Year
To give Scout groups the best possible experience we ask that groups consist of a minimum of 5 children.
- Badge Programs: $7 per child
- Just For Fun Programs: $9 per child
- Night Hike with Campfire & S’mores: $11 per child
One chaperone is required for every seven Scouts and there is no fee. Additional adults above this ratio must pay $5 per person.
What to wear:
It’s always wise to dress for the weather and for the terrain: sturdy shoes, a hat, bug spray, sun screen, and a rainproof coat are handy things to pack. Our programs are held drizzle or shine. In case of extreme weather, we will do our best to reschedule.
Programs may be scheduled after school, on weekends, or on school holidays. Our nature adventures range from 1 to 1 ½ hours.
To schedule a program please complete the Scout Request Form to request a reservation. Liz Hornbach, Youth Education Manager will contact you to set up a date and time.
Please contact Liz Hornbach, Youth Education Manager,
at 610-566-9134, ext. 202 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Think of us for your next conservation project
For information about conservation project opportunities, contact Liz Hornbach, Youth Education Manager, at 610-566-9134, ext. 202 or email@example.com.
Gold Award & Eagle Scout Projects
Tyler Arboretum has worked with many Girl scouts and Eagle Scouts on their project requirements. For information about possible projects, please contact Julia Lo Ehrhardt, Volunteer Coordinator, at 610-566-9134, ext. 205 or firstname.lastname@example.org.