Visitor Center Coordinator
The Visitor Center Coordinator is a part-time position reporting to the Director of Public Programs and is responsible for managing the operations of the Visitor Center.
- Coordinating Visitor Center operations and maintaining the budget and procedures manual.
- Selecting and ordering merchandise to sell and keeping inventory records.
- Creating merchandise displays that appeal to visitors.
- Working with point of sale software, running reportsand programming registers.
- Hiring, training and coordinating part-time Visitor Center Associates staff.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of staff performance evaluations.
- Coordinating staff work shifts for day-to-day operations, as well as coverage for special events and evening public programs.
- Participating in planning meetings for organizational special events.
- Coordinating and overseeing staff during special events.
- Greeting and orienting visitors and selling admissions, memberships and registrations for events and public programs.
- Maintaining high levels of customer service and creating a positive visitor experience.
- College degree desirable
- Experience in retail operations, management, and merchandise selection.
- Self-directed with excellent organizational, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills.
- Accuracy with figures and money
- Proficient computer skills, experience with point of sale software desirable
- Weekday and weekend availability
Position Category: Part-time with limited benefits. Hours per week vary seasonally, ranging from 20 to 30 hours per week.
Application: Please send a cover letter, résumé and three references to:
Amy Mawby, Director of Public Programs
515 Painter Road
Media, PA 19063