VISITOR CENTER ASSOCIATE
Reports to the Visitor Center Coordinator
Tyler Arboretum is a 650-acre public garden located in Media, Pennsylvania, only 40 minutes from Center City Philadelphia. One of the oldest arboreta in the northeastern United States, Tyler Arboretum encompasses renowned plant collections, champion trees, historic buildings, and 17 miles of hiking trails through woodlands, wetlands, and meadows. The Arboretum offers workshops, classes, and tours for adults and children throughout the year.
Tyler Arboretum is seeking an energetic, organized individual with great customer service skills to join our Visitor Center team. Our Visitor Center Associates project a positive & professional image of Tyler Arboretum to the public, while enhancing visitor experience through a sincere customer-driven approach.
- Greet and assist visitors.
- Process admissions fees, memberships and merchandise sales.
- Maintain merchandise displays and inventory.
- Provide excellent customer service by phone, email and in person.
- Interact daily with the public, including children, volunteers and staff from all levels of the organization.
- Develop a working knowledge of Tyler’s trail system, plant collections and our rich history in order to be the best ambassador to our guests as possible.
- Strong customer service experience.
- Retail and cash handling experience; emphasis on merchandising is a plus.
- Solid computer and database skills (main software: Altru, and Microsoft Office).
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work independently.
- Passion for the natural world is desirable.
- Strong spirit of cooperation and teamwork.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Hours are part-time and flexible; daily shifts typically run between 5-8 hours.
- Weekend availability is essential; some evening work throughout the year.
- Tyler Arboretum provides a welcoming team-based work environment.
- General office environment; often fast paced during our busy seasons.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking and bending with occasional lifting of light loads, up to 25 lbs.
Application: Please send a cover letter, with a minimum of three references, and résumé via e-mail to:
Visitor Center Coordinator
515 Painter Road,
Media, PA 19063